Monday, December 28, 2009

It's been a while

OK OK It's been forever since I last updated.

- Papa is still with us, bless his heart. He was in the hospital in early December for a MERSA infection that developed due to an under-treated UTI. The doctors gave him antibiotics, IV fluids, and blood transfusions to stabilize him. Mom is looking into getting him into the Crossroads House - a local, nonprofit, Christian organization to house those that are terminally ill and in their last days. Not to sound crude - but Papa is suffering at this point and I pray he passes on to Heaven peacefully in his sleep and soon. It is hard to let him go, but even harder to watch and care for someone who isn't who they used to be. One day we will meet again.


- Peter passed his GED with flying colors! I am so proud of him and didn't expect any less of him. On November 14th he took the poilice officer civil service exam and now we wait...and wait. It'll be late January or February before he gets the results. He studied & prepared so much - I just pray if it's God's will he gets into the top ranks. He learned there are only 13 positions available and I think like 700 people took the test.


- We vacationed to Cumberland, MD October 17-20. It was very busy and full of activities but a blast and so refreshing to get away. Note to self - take a day off of work after vacation before heading back, especially when you get home around 11pm. Here's some pictures.



Surprisingly, we had snow most of the way down - so much for a fall trip I thought!


We visited Peter's godparents in Maryland. This is Peter with his godmother, Sandy. She is the pastor of a local Methodist church. It has beautiful stained glass windows and stunning pipe organ which you can see in the background.


The mountains were beautiful!


We took a day trip to Falling Waters - a Frank Lloyd Wright house. It was so earthy and architectural. On the way back to Maryland we also made a couple of pit stops to the Ohiopyle waterfall and a cornmaze.


On the last day, we took a train ride from Cumberland to Frostburg and back on the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad. We rode the deisel train and got to see more of the mountainside and historical sites.


That's all for now... more to come soon!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back Meg! I hope to see some good news about the job soon. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete