Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Week 16



So I'm just getting really thick still at this point. Not too much longer until I pop with a noticeable belly! 16 weeks!! No real reason, but this was my next milestone week to reach. The number just has a nice ring to it I guess. :)

Eating has almost been a chore this week. Every 3 hours I'm hungry and this includes the middle of the night. You know you're really pregnant when you have to get up at 3am to eat. I've discovered the baby does not like grilled cheese - especially when paired with tomato soup. :-(

I think I have been feeling a few wiggles in there. It kind of feels like a twingy flutter, always in the the same place, but it's so brief and light it's hard to tell for sure. I've noticed it when I lay down on my back in back at night. I can't wait to definitely feel the little one in there!

The fact that I'm pregnant and actually going to hold this baby in July is really starting to sink in now! Mom and I went out to browse Target & WalMart baby sections a bit and I got my Fisher Price "My Little Lamb" Cradle Swing. It is soooo soft! I set it up right away!



On a little bit of a side track, I read this in my friend Allison's blog recently and I think it's fits perfectly...

"Pregnancy after loss is unarguably a different experience than pregnancy before loss. The innocence, the joy, the naivete - those are gone. Once my mind was filled with visions of tiny feet and rocking chairs. There is no room now for those fantasies; my brain is filled with hard facts and statistics, research and information. I know more now about conception, cell division and my own reproductive system than I could ever have imagined."


1/27 - I had a prenatal appointment. I invited my mom to come with me so she could hear the heartbeat on the doppler, and she used to work with Ceil so they caught up a bit and talked about "back when". Ceil found the heartbeat right away (much to my relief compared to last month) and it was 152bpm. She said the baby was a busy beaver in there! This makes me smile every time I think about it. I also gained a pound, which is the first time this pregancy I've gained instead of losing. I also got a script for my 20 week anatomy scan ultrasound. 3 more weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment