Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes

Dry ingredients:
2 cups white whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 Tbsp sugar
a little less than 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
Other ingredients:
2 large eggs
3/4 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup milk
3 Tbsp warm melted butter
1 cup blueberries, frozen is fine
non-stick spray
Mix the dry ingredients together. Add the wet ingredients and mix until the batter just comes together. Fold in the blueberries. Heat flat iron surface. Spray non-stick spray onto paper towel and wipe across the pan for light, even greasing. Ladle on the batter (about a heaping 1/3 cup for each pancake) and when air bubbles start to break at the surface, flip and cook other side. Keep the batches warm in a 170 degree oven until you are finished cooking and ready to serve with butter & maple syrup.
I made these again and they were just as scrumptious the second time! The only thing I did different was I slightly thawed the blueberries in a bowl under some warm water and then added them to the batter. This helped cook all of the batter around each one.
ReplyDelete