Saturday, March 20, 2010

Week 20

2/19- The actual day I turned 20 weeks was so bittersweet. Papa passed peacefully into the arms of Jesus at 10:15am. I had the privilege to spend the last several hours of his life with him, Nana, Mom and other family & pastor friends at the Crossroads House. Later that day, at 4pm, I had my anatomy ultrasound for the baby. The ultrasound really perked my spirits. All of the organs were perfect, heartbeat imeasured 152bpm, baby weiged in at 13 ounces, and overall measured approximately 4 days ahead. I have an anterior placenta which explains why movements still feel quite sporadic & weak and why Peter is unable to feel them on the outside just yet. We caught LOTS of yawns which were so stinkin' adorable to watch and baby was wiggling lots. S/he had its hands up by the face for most of the 3D shots as if to say "Enough is enough with this camera-leave me alone would ya?" Oh and the gender is still a secret but the tech did get money shots while she was checking out other anatomy & the cord attachment but we had our heads turned during that part. Mom and Amy joined in on the 3D viewing. We're so in love!



A great profile shot. The baby was almost sucking on its big toe! All hands and feet were up pretty close to the face.



Sleepy baby! Here's some of those adorable yawns in action. The baby also was practicing sucking a bit. The first one almost looks like a cute little smile to me! :)


A traditional 2D shot.

2/22- I really wanted a red shirt for Papa's wake to honor him because red was his favorite color. I was at the checkout of Motherhood this evening when I started feeling really hot & flush but at the same time my skin cold & clammy, my stomach churned, my ears were feeling full. and I started seeing more & more stars as it got darker.... I was blacking out. I apologized for interrupting the cashier (she was telling me about the valued customer pack or something... I don't remember) and told her what was happening. I started stripping off my jackets which the customer behind me took and then squatted on the floor and waited for the cashier to bring me a chair quick. Fortunately I never totally lost it, but how scary and embarrasing.

I have no idea why it happened... I had eaten an hour before & hadn't skipped any meals all day and was properly hydrated. The only thing I can figure is I overdid the shopping after work and while at Motherhood for about 45 minutes I never sat down so blood couldn't circulate right??

Once I regained myself I met Peter (fortunately he was also in Henrietta only couple of minutes buying dress shoes) and he followed me home. I had him assist me up the stairs and get me into bed right away with more drinks.

2/25- I had a prenatal appointment and am up another several pounds, Ceil didn't tell me the number but it's not an unhealthy amount considering how much my belly has grown since the last appointment. This was the first week she measured the height of my fundus and I was surprised how high up the top of my uterus actually was. The not so great news was that at my ultrasound my cervix seemed to be measuring a little short - 2.37cm - and they like to see it at least 2.5cm, but preferably 3+. As a precautionary Ceil put me on several restrictions including pelvic rest, no vacuuming, no lifting laundry baskets and told me to take it as easy as I can - so esentially a modified bedrest plan. She wrote me a script for a follow up ultrasound in 4 weeks - which seems like an eternity away. I left feeling quite nervous and bummed out and I cried a little after the appointment when telling Peter on the phone. Since early on in the pregnancy I was worried on and off about incompetent cervix and now there was a very real chance of it. The baby was perfect, but my body was a failure and if it couldn't sustain a healthy pregnancy and I lost the baby I would feel unbelievably guilty.


On a totally different note, I am in love with the mini Reese PB cups. My sweet tooth is almost out of control! I haven't had any real dire emergency midnight type of cravings yet - once, a Guys sub on New Years and another Saturday one for those nutty sundae ice cream cones. For several weeks I ate a grapefruit almost everyday - a fruit I really didn't like pre-pregnancy. I will however always gladly take a turkey club sub and a raspberry iced tea or sweetened iced tea if offered. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment