Monday, October 12, 2009

What a Difference One Week Makes

Last Monday, Papa had been given 3-4 and by the end of the day it was down to 2 and he had to remain in the hospital under hospice care. He couldn't move himself from bed to wheelchair without one or two people supporting a good portion of his weight. Now he's home, looking bright-eyed, and able to move himself around by himself mostly. God wasn't through with him yet. God is in control.

Peter's GED test went well and now we just wait. The story of our lives it seems like. That too is amazing he was able to take the test. We sent in the paperwork in the proper time frame and never heard any sort of confirmation. We thought it was a bit strange but whatever. So I sent him to the place where we mailed the papers. Wrong place. He finally shows up to the right place and they didn't have his name on the list, but the lady still let him take the test. She later found his papers in the office - unprocessed. God is in control.

I have felt a renewing in my faith this week, which is refreshing. I have felt very burdened by this and that throughout the last several months. I really wanted to try this new church, so we get in the car onto the expressway and I look down and realized I forgot to fill up. I was in the red, had a thirty five minute drive and kept praying, "If you want us at church, make this gas spread to get us there." We barely made it and were only 2 minutes late. God is in control.

On a different note - I re-started the Shred again. Level 1, Day 1. I was surprised how a good portion of my endurance has remained despite my laziness the last couple of weeks. I definitely pushed to get through.

1 comment:

  1. (((hugs))) I'm glad you made it to church. We went this past weekend for the first time in awhile. Not for a particular reason except maybe laziness. The message included surrender is not a one time thing. So true.

    ReplyDelete